What is the Difference Between Dell Inspiron and XPS Laptops? Inspiron and XPS are both great budget-friendly options, but what makes them stand out? Read on to learn more. The Dell XPS series is known for its outstanding designs and graphical performance. Inspiron is known for its budget-friendly value. Alienware will get its own feature, but you can choose from all four series. Which one is better?
Differences Between Dell Inspiron and XPS
If you’re shopping for a laptop, there are some differences between the Inspiron and XPS models.
- While the Inspiron is a budget-friendly option, the XPS is more suited to higher-end users.
- The XPS comes with better specs, but is also slightly more expensive.
- If you’re unsure which one to purchase, take a look at the specs of each model below.
- The Inspiron 1520 ships with 512 MB DDR2 RAM. However, the XPS 15 has a wide selection of RAM options.
- Depending on the model you purchase, you can get eight, 16, 32, or 64 GB of RAM.
- On the other hand, the Inspiron 1520 doesn’t have any RAM size over 4 GB. Both laptops have two RAM slots.
- When it comes to processors, the Dell XPS 13 features a powerful Core i7 CPU.
- It is equipped with eight MB of cache, and is capable of speeds up to 4.2GHz.
- While the Inspiron has a slightly higher-end CPU, it doesn’t have the same amount of RAM.
- It also doesn’t have the same graphics capabilities, though.
What is Special About Dell XPS?
The XPS name is a reincarnation of the word “Xperience,” and dates back to the 1990s when Dell was looking to launch a new line of high-end products. Product manager Vernon Weiss led the engineering and architecture efforts, and the line was officially launched in September 1993. Today, it still holds the crown as the most powerful desktop PC available. But is the XPS really a revolutionary product? How useful is the Dell XPS compared to the Inspiron model? Let’s find out.
- The XPS 13 features a premium, sleek design with thin bezels all around the display.
- The new model is 6 percent thinner than its predecessor, and its key caps are wider.
- It has a 720p webcam wedged in the top bezel.
- The laptop also sports stereo speakers on the right edge.
- And its USB Type-C port lets you charge it wirelessly.
- While there are some cons to the design, the XPS is a great laptop for multimedia lovers.
- The XPS 13 Plus is the latest version of the Dell XPS 13.
- While it’s not as powerful as the XPS 13 (9315), it retains its solid foundation for everyday computing.
- Its 13.4-inch display features super-thin bezels, and the screen is pushed right up to the edge of the device, which improves everyday mileage.
- Its all-metal build also makes it more durable.
What Does XPS Stand For Dell?
If you’re wondering what XPS stands for, you are not alone. The XPS name has been used for several computer models, ranging from inexpensive notebooks to high-end desktops. In fact, Dell introduced special models based on their XPS series and featuring custom cases and more powerful components. They were also often limited-edition models, sold only to high-end customers or given away to other users.
The Dell XPS line of laptops had user-configurable multicolor LED lighting. This lighting could be controlled by the software installed on the computer. The XPS M1710, for example, featured this feature. The Dell XPS 630 has the same features as the Dell XPS 640 and 650, but also sports the AMD Phenom II chips and ATI Graphics.
What does XPS stand for Dell? The name refers to the company’s new XPS line of laptops. These machines were previously known as the Dell XPS 630. They featured an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor and dual Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT graphics cards. These laptops have since been replaced by the XPS 720. The XPS series of notebooks has been evolving for many years. In addition, XPS series laptops have good features compared to the Dell Inspiron model.
Is XPS or Inspiron Better?
The decision to purchase either the Dell Inspiron or the XPS laptop depends largely on your needs.
Here is some summary information we have prepared for you;
- Both models are great for everyday computing, but if you plan on doing high-end tasks like gaming, or editing photos, you should consider the XPS.
- Inspiron models are great for simple tasks like surfing the internet.
- In addition, both have customizable features and are available in a variety of price ranges.
- XPS 15 9510 and 9500 have received a design refresh. These models feature a sleeker, more streamlined body and a thin display with nearly no bezel.
- Both come with a webcam with IR sensor.
- While the Inspiron 15 7501 is made from aluminum, the XPS is CNC-machined from carbon fiber.
- Both are slightly thinner than their Inspiron equivalents.
- While the XPS 15 9510 model comes with two Thunderbolt 4 ports, the Inspiron 15 has more legacy ports, including a 3.5mm audio jack and a microSD card reader.
- While both laptops offer generous connectivity, you may want to add a docking station for extra power and storage.
- And as long as you have a budget, Dell is sure to have a model to suit you.
Which is The Best Series Of Dell?
When it comes to computers, the Vostro series is a popular choice for many people. It is inexpensive, durable, and comes with a variety of options. However, if you need a laptop for personal use, the Inspiron series may be better. If you are not sure which series fits your needs, carefully read our article on Dell Inspiron and XPS models. That way, you can make an informed decision.
If you want a good laptop at home, you should consider the Inspiron series. It is designed for personal use and features more colors. It is also loaded with preinstalled software, which is useful for personal users. The Inspiron 15 3000 series comes with windows 10 operating system and 8GB of RAM that can be expanded. The price ranges between the Inspiron 7000 and 15 5000 are similar. The Inspiron 7000 series is a bit more expensive but has the latest Nvidia GeForce 940MX graphics. It also has more ports, including HDMI, UBS(A), and USB-C.
Which is Best Dell Latitude or Inspiron?
The main difference between the two laptops is in the design. The Dell Inspiron can withstand extreme temperatures and vibrations. It also has more ports and is more durable. The Dell Latitude also offers more ports and a better build. The main disadvantage of the Inspiron is that it is less powerful than the Dell Latitude. The Inspiron also weighs more than the Latitude.
For example, the Dell XPS 13 is more powerful than the Inspiron model. While the Dell Inspiron is perfect for home users, the Dell Latitude is geared more towards business purposes. This model includes multimedia controls to play CDs within windows. However, it comes with bloatware. The Dell Latitude is a business-oriented laptop, and its models aren’t frequently updated. They also come with a longer warranty and more standard ports. The Dell Latitude is also more expensive, but it is a well-made laptop that can withstand many years of use.
The main difference between the two laptops is the amount of RAM. The Dell Inspiron has two RAM slots, and comes with 512MB DDR2 RAM. However, it can’t be upgraded to more than 4GB. On the other hand, the Dell Latitude has two RAM slots and can have up to 16 GB of memory.
Is the Dell XPS 13 Still Good?
The Dell XPS 13 is an excellent laptop that offers plenty of power over the Inspiron, but it’s not designed for high-end gaming. While Intel’s Iris Plus graphics improve graphics performance, the laptop is virtually silent on battery power. But when you want to play the latest games or do other demanding tasks, the laptop gets warm and noisy. But don’t worry, there are plenty of other laptops on the market that can match this performance.
The Dell XPS 13 offers three displays. The first version comes with an unusual 16:10 aspect ratio, which means there’s more vertical space. This extra space is great for scrolling through web pages or updating long documents. The bottom bezel is only 0.18 inches wide, and the side bezels are 0.15 inches. The result is a laptop that is much more spacious than it was in the past.
The new Dell XPS 13 features a 13.4-inch display with InfinityEdge bezels. It has a 4K UHD+ resolution option, which is better than the 4K resolution of the previous model. It is touch-enabled, with a maximum brightness of 500 nits. But its display still falls short of the OLED option. Therefore, if you’re looking for a good laptop for business use, the XPS 13 is a good choice.
Which Dell Computer is Best For Home Use?
If you want a computer that’s perfect for the home, you should check out the Dell Inspiron range. These models offer excellent value for money, along with a good customer support network. Between Dell Inspiron and XPS Laptops, XPS are pretty good.
Also, it has some useful features that you might need to keep in mind.
- The XPS 13 is an impressive all-round home laptop with a powerful design.
- It has a 13.3-inch touchscreen display and ultra-thin bezels.
- It’s also equipped with a powerful Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, and a 128-GB SSD.
- These features make it a true multitasking powerhouse, resulting in top-notch performance.